Friday, December 19, 2014

Estantes


My calling to Honduras and to serve alongside the His Eyes ministry has begun, and primarily I am working to help create and organize an inventory system that will help to keep track of all of the supplies, donations, tools, etc. that are a part of the mission as a whole. The first part of this system will begin with organizing all of the medicines and medical supplies for our soon to be expanding clinic. This is rather a large task, so I am attempting to tackle it from several different directions at the same time.
Just outside of the clinic are two, forty foot shipping containers that have been earmarked as storage for everything clinic related, and that is where I have started. My

first order of business has been to clean out the containers, trying to sort and purge as I go, in preparation for the new system I will create. We have added an internal steel support structure to the containers themselves, in order to reinforce them for planned future construction on top of the containers, as well as added insulation to the ceilings 
of the containers to help regulate their internal temperature.

We have bought a lot of lumber and I have been busy building shelves throughout the interior of the first container, which will be primarily used to warehouse and inventory all of our medicines for the clinic. The ultimate goal is to have a better way to store and track our medicine usage, making it easier for us to eventually buy in bulk, helping to save the clinic money and at the same time making sure we always have what we need when we need it. I have also been spending a lot of time working with Marlen, our clinic staffer who has ran the pharmacy for many years, learning the names of all our medicines and trying to understand how the pharmacy is currently working and ways we can make it run smoother in the future.

The second container will be used to hold larger equipment and supplies for the clinic, as well as Orthotic supplies, glasses, medical files, etc. The end goal is to have a place for everything and everything in its place, all organized and inventoried so that in all ways we are insuring the best stewardship of all of the resources that God has blessed, and continues to bless us with.

I have also been pleased to spend some time talking with all of our clinic employees, learning more about what they do every day and what equipment they need to help make their work easier and run smoother. I will be home for a few days in September to attend the wedding of my niece Paige, and while I’m home I hope to spend some time at the F.A.M.E. warehouse in Indianapolis, earmarking some furniture and equipment (as well as medicine and other medical supplies) that will be loaded into a container headed here in October.

In my spare time, I have been happy to help with some minor repairs around the clinic and mission as a whole. In all things, I am excited to be here and to serve however I can, helping the mission in whatever they need, and in all things serving the Kingdom as He has called me to, following as He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment