Thursday, December 29, 2011

A GREAT TAX DEDUCTION...(OR, A SHAMELESS PLUG)

Hi everyone, i hope you had a great Christmas. I was blessed to spend Christmas Eve with my family, and then enjoyed a wonderful church service on Christmas Day, followed by visiting my grandmother in Spencer.
As we look forward to the New Year, there is a dark presence looming in our near future. I am of course talking about the Tax Man!
April 15th will be here before you know it, and I wanted to take this opportunity to offer a small way to help ease the governments bite, and to help a worthy cause at the same time. All donations made to help support my service in Haiti are tax-deductible, and if you act in the next couple of days, you can even deduct it from your 2011 taxes! What a great way to help send a Worker into the Field, and keep the IRS out of your pocket! So, if you would like to take advantage of this tax savings, you can click on the following link: Help Support Justin in Haiti
Or you can visit www.nwhcm.org, click on the “Give” tab, select “Missionary Support” from the left side of the screen, and then click the link with my name.
OK, seriously though, as I have sought my place on the mission field, one of the things that I have been most concerned with is the thought that I would have to raise support for my work. This was a very big hurdle to overcome, because I do not like asking for help. And I really don’t like asking for money, especially in this economy.
After much studying, praying and some very wise counsel from fellow Christians more knowledgeable then myself, I now realize a couple of truths:
1)      We are all commanded by scripture to proclaim the good news of Christ’s salvation to the entire world. Matthew 28: 18-20 says “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
2)      We are all gifted differently. According to Romans 12:6-8 “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;  if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;  if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
So therefore, we can all use our specific gifts, to the glory of God and the reaching of the lost! I have a passion to serve, and I have found a place where they need my skills and talents. A place where I can use my passion and gifts to help the people of Haiti, as well as the other missionaries on the ground in Haiti.  I can and am ready to go to Haiti to serve, but I need willing people to partner with me. You can help me serve the people of Haiti through prayer, through giving and through many other ways. The important thing for all of us to search for the way in which we are called to serve, and serve!
If you are called to partner with me, I would love the chance to speak one on one with you about my calling and future service in Haiti. I can be reached via email at servinginhaiti@yahoo.com just drop me a line so we can set up a time to talk.
I thank you all for reading, and continuing this journey with me. I encourage you all to stay strong in the Lord, and I pray for all of you to have a wonderful and blessed new year!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment